Thursday, July 5, 2012

Quail fire

3:20 I get a call from my dad at work... I didn't answer because I thought he just wants me to stop on my way home from work and get him a milk shake.. Normal right? 3:25 I get a call from my dad on my work phone "cara can you please come home!" my heart sank "well of course, is everything okay?" dad " if we have to be evacuated I won't have anyway out" I hang up the phone grad my purse and am trying to hold back the tears while telling my boss that I have to leave. I get in my car, call mackenzie but of course she is driving across country with no service then I call Linds she answers and I just burst into tears, she calmed me down alot. I get closer to the point of the mountain and just see a huge "cloud" over alpine and my heart sink even more! My mom calls me and tells me to take pictures of everything in our house. I pull into alpine and i wasn't even aloud to go up my normal street because it was blocked with fire trucks. I get home am running around like a wild chicken snapping pictures if everything. I even took pictures of pictures just in case I never could see them again. Fire fighters were just sitting outside my house waiting till they got the call to go up. Every news station was out in front of my house. The flames were huge!! My dad saw the barn blow up from his office window! I was outside until dark watching my mountains go on fire. What a blessing that we didn't have to get evacuated.. We were ready if we had to though. What a wonderful blessing for this beautiful rain, even if it made my car dirty! Thank you for all the prayers they truly are being answered!! Here are just a couple pictures I got.

3 comments:

Kenzie said...

I love you! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. But I must say, I am SO happy you, your family, your house, and hopefully most of Alpine is doing okay! Miss you!!! Amen for rain.

Kelsey said...

prayers work. thank goodness for rain. this was unreal. i'm glad you got home in time. love you little boo

Cathy said...

Good post...haven't done the blog thing for a long, long time...